Friday, June 12, 2009

Feeling a little nostalgic

So today on my usual peruse through the intraweb I read a few posts from JM at Worth Your While, and I became very homesick. it is indeed time to find an english pub and an english store here in LA. I really want some Hulu Hoops, Twiglets, Rowntrees Fruit gums, a sherbet fountain, a box of Maltesers and a bottle of Ribena! Thats what I'm really craving right now and mabye a good toad in the hole and some sticky toffee pudding!

Well a cup of tea and some marmite on toast will have to do!

5 comments:

JM said...

wow, is this called a shout out? Whatever it is, thanks! and I hope you find a great english pub and english store to go to! I LOVE maltesers! Although I have an american friend who still swears by whoppers and I think she's bloody CRAZY!

I am also a fan of lime cordial with soda water and roasted potatoes! Not together of course, but you get what I mean. You guys know where its at!

JM said...

I did a little research, does any of this help?

http://www.expatcontact.com/?id=8&ty=ci&pty=Preferred&sd=156

Now all I need is good mexican food in england.. wait, not gonna happen!

JM said...

http://www.calendarlive.com/dining/cl-fo-publist11oct11,0,5327858.story

one more

Mark Durling said...

Hey thanks a bunch those are some great links! I'll definitely have to check out the expat network! sounds awesome. I knew of one really good mexican restaurant in London but I forgot the name, it'll come to me in the next day or so and I'll let you know!!

JM said...

I have another idea.... we could cut a deal.. I send you Hulu Hoops and Twiglets...and you send me GOLDFISH or oreos. haha.