Monday, January 18, 2010

First Week of Training

my first week of training went really well. I didnt push myself to hard. I got some new running shoes which are amazing and they seem to really help. I've been eating really well as well in an effort to stay healthy and injury free. I really dont like drinking Milk but I do like cereal and Chocolate milk so Ive been eating Total cereal with milk and I've been drinking chocolate milk after runs. Apparently choc milk is better for post training than drinking a Gatorade or powerade. The ratio of nutrients is perfect in a glass of choc milk to help in recovery. I did a lot of cross training, this past week. I did some hiking up big hills and I walked on the beach barefoot for about 2 hours. I really want to get into some barefoot running. I think with my next paycheck I'm going to buy some of those crazy barefoot running shoes. Check them out HERE. They are pretty goofy looking but lots of people say they help you run more naturally and injury free. Its been raining a lot here lately and I love to run in the rain. Well more later.

No comments: