Monday, April 21, 2008

Sorry for the Lack of Posting

Sorry for the lack of posting, I've been out in the boondocks and I havnt been anywhere near Internet let alone an eletrical socket. I'm going to be in Calcutta tomorrow and I hope to sit down and have a good long posting session. Things here in India are amazing and really depressing at the same time. There is so much poverty everywhere but also so much economic growth. I spent the last couple of days in Darjeeling on the Nepal border, I'll give you full details tomorrow but it was pretty much amazing, I stepped foot into Nepal for about 15 seconds and then a soldier told me to get out and I saw mount everest which is neat and from the same view point you can see China. So I've seen Everest and China and been in Napel!!! When I hook up my Computer tomorrow I'll download some awesome photos and my postings from each day. I've even had the pleasure of being in an Indian hospital with an IV in my arm, not a fun couple of hours. I ate some really bad food out in a village in the middle of nowhere. It messed me up pretty bad and I was out of commission for two days. But I'm much better and sitting in a Church office on a pastors computer stealing a few minutes of internet time. I've been doing lots of preaching and teaching which I find amusing b/c I'm not that good at speaking but I'm getting a lot better at this sermon thing. I'll be home in a week and I'm looking forward to having a hot shower, a steak, and a toilet that I can sit on instead of a hole in the earth! I really suggest that everyone come to India or somewhere of similar poverty strickennesss b/c it is most humbling. I've spent pretty much all of my time here in India visiting the poorest areas and it is a little depressing.

MORE tomorrow MUCHO love

MARK

PS happy birthday Seth I know your reading this hope you have a great day

PSS Scott if your reading this I have the craziest dreams that I need to Write and email to you, Malaria tabs make me have the strangest most awesome dreams and sometimes nightmares, you'll love them

2 comments:

Seth said...

thanks for the bday wish buddy....glad to hear you are feeling better. I was darjeeling limited for you haha... i leave pretty soon, just over 2 weeks away!!! i got my travel blog up too : http://sgantman.wordpress.com/

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.