Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Stolen

So yesterday my friend Arielle who is a fashion designer in Huntsville Alabama brought to my attention that a fashion/clothing store (ENVY)in Huntsville completely ripped off my photography. I took the original photo last october for Arielles spring line. And now ENVY have used this photo on their promotional brochure. The photographer found the location I used framed it up exactly the same as my shot and even positioned the girl in the same way, down to having her left hand on the stove. It's almost like they printed my photo out and matched up their shot exactly.







I guess it's flattering that someone likes my photography so much that they have to copy it b/c they arent creative enough to come up with their own ideas. But really come on I would have taken some photos for them if they asked and I would have used a cool new set up and they would have original photos instead of ripping off my work that I did to promote Arielles fashion line. Annoying.

1 comment:

Mike said...

WTH?! That's unfortunate. But it sure says something about your work.

P.S. Your shot is better. And your model is hotter.