Friday, September 5, 2008

Arrived in Mexico


Well I arrived in Mexico today and it is beautiful down here on the coast. Zihuatanejo is a nice little town just north of Acapulco. We are staying at a resort overlooking a bay and the view is amazing! Everything so far has been just splendid. 

I started my day at 4 in the morning with a cold shower and a cup of tea then the fam packed up the car in the rain and we set off for the airport. Relatively easy flights I just slept most of the way and read a bit of my new book Quicksilver by Neal Stephenson, it is neat. We arrived in Houston to find out that we had a four hour layover so we look a nice long breakfast and then snooozed a bit in the boarding area. The second flight was on a tiny little plane for an international flight but I wasnt complaining. Well I was complaining when a bunch of overweight people boarded and started banging into everything on the way up the plane. AAAND to top that I was sitting behind very distinct California girl that I thought only existed in movies and tv shows. She said "like" after every word and ended each sentence with a question mark by raising her voice right at the last second of a sentence. Enough to drive me into blasting some classic rock down my ear canal to drown out everything and everyone including my very excited and talkative Mum! 

When we arrived at the airport we debarked and went through customs which was almost as backwards as Indias customs but not quite. We made our way to the resort by taxi and caught some glimpses of the surrounding town and burbs which I hope to explore with my camera! We checked in and made a beeeee line straight for the pool bar and quenched our thirst with some well placed coronas accompanied by some fish tacos OOOH my the best fish tacos I've every had, they were delectable. Home made tortilla chips and black bean dip and fresh guac to die for. After a few beers we went and had a play in the ocean, my first dip in the pacific ocean quite a momentous occasion! In the process of hanging out in the ocean Sarah got smacked in the back of the head with a large wave and lost her really nice pair of gunslasses, straight in the drink never to be seen again. They were really cool which sucks but I'll have to get her a new pair when I get back to work. The rest of the day we just snoooozed and read books and hung out in the a p t. We woke up for dinner but no one was very hungry so we wondered around for a bit and then sat down at the clubs restaurant. We each picked an appetizer and we had margaritas all around. I had flank steak tacos and refused to share b/c they were sooo good!! After dinner we had a few more margaritas and some dessert. by this time everyone was feeling very jolly shall we say. "Time for bed" was the call from pops and the crew slowly made its way back to the apt for some cushy mattress and clean sheets and the sounds of geckos churping on the walls. I love sleeping to the sound of the ocean! 

Love you all! Good night !

No comments: